Presented at India Arch Dialogue 2017
Friday 10th / Saturday 11th February 2017
at Gallery 1AQ, Qutab Minar Complex
S. Ghosh and Associates
New Delhi, India
Sudipto Ghosh has studied at the Centre of Environment Planning and Technology in Ahmedabad and University of Cincinnati. Sudipto worked in the ofce of Richard Meier in New York for several years and then joined S. Ghosh Architects as partner in 2003.
The rm has won several awards and commissions through national and international competitions since its inception. Commissions won in national and international competitions include airport terminals, institutions, housing projects etc.
Sudipto has taught at several schools of architecture and design and is presently a visiting faculty at the School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi.
S. Ghosh Architects was established in 1973 in New Delhi with diverse experience from its employees and associates. It is a critical a practice focusing on nding solutions that establish common ground between economic, sociological and environmental concerns.
The rm’s design inspiration is found in the ancient and in archetype, for instance, the dark cave, the solitary hut by the mountain side, the canyon, the courtyard, etc.
- 2009 SGA wins second prize in International Competition SPA, New Delhi
- 2007 First Prizes in National Competitions Airport Terminals and University Campuses
- International Urban Design Competition: Second Prize
- 1992 Architect of the Year Award
- 1999 Winner of National Architectural Competition DDA Mega Housing
- 1993 JIIA Award: Institutional Award
Renowned Recent Projects by Studio S. Ghosh and Associates
Moments in Architecture 2022- Edition 3