Architectural Photography Competition
Curator, photography workshop & competition
Arch. Anika M. Dhawan; Director, Mold Design Studio
A competition that captures the Spirit of India with the Built Environment, through the eye of a lens. We invite all professionals, amateurs and students with a love for architecture, for photography or both!
The overall category winners will get an opportunity to showcase there photographs during the India Arch. Dialogue Exhibition 2018.
Professional | Architects Portraits
The entries were not up to the mark so this category has been invalid.
Celebrating Indian Architecture & Cityscape
Theme : INDIA
- Modern contemporary architecture
- Architects portraits
Entry Fee & Deadlines
19.12.2017 : Contest Start date
25.01.2018 : Contest End date
01.02.2018 : Winner’s announcement
Entry fee : Free
- Professional category: Winning photographer will be awarded price money of 1200$.
- Amateur category: Winning photographer will be awarded price money of 800$.
All winners will get an opportunity to display their work during the India Arch Dialogue 2018.
Winners will need to provide the original image of minimum 300 dpi for display.
Winners & runner-ups of all categories will also get the chance to attend the photography workshop with celebrated photographer Paul clemence
from New York during India Arch. Dialogue, February 2018.
All entries would be displayed on the FCDI website for the duration of the fcdi exhibition.
The panel of judges/curators shall include industry professional from both photography and architectural industry.
The panel of judges will evaluate the images based on the following criteria:
- Originality/ creativity
- Extent to which the photograph captures the essence of the theme
The images will be selected by a panel of judges and their decision will be final. No correspondence pertaining to the selection process and decision will be entertained.
FCDI reserves the right to reject any entry if, in FCDI’s sole discretion, the laws of an applicable jurisdiction, including but not limited to the entrant’s jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry, would prohibit or limit FCDI from proceeding with the Contest as intended or the consideration or awarding of any Prize would impose additional administrative, tax, operational, or legal burdens on FCDI.
Terms & conditions
The contest is open to all professional and amateur photographers who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Trustees, Board Members, Employees, interns, or partners of FCDI, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of employees, are not eligible to enter.
Credentials may be requested before the winner is announced.
How to enter
- All competition entries are through online system only.
- Please submit photographs and requested information online through our website at www.fcdi.co.in. Once your submission is complete, you will receive a confirmation email.
- All photographs must be in JPG format. The longer side of the image should be 1800 pixel. All entrants must have an original image of minimum 300dpi with them. All photographs should follow the theme : INDIA.
- Photographs must be clicked from an D-SLR camera.
- Mobile photographs shall not be accepted.
- Only digital photographs to be submitted.
- You are required to provide a unique title and description for each image submitted. Also a date will be required of when the picture was clicked.
- Each applicant can submit two photograph per category.
- We do not accept photographs submitted through the mail and do not accept more than one contestant per e-mail address. All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared.
- Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified.
- Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible.
- All submitted photos should have no border(s), logo(s), copyright marks, identifying marks, or any other visible references and/or marks on the image.
Each image submitted must be the original and unpublished work of the participant who must also be its copyright owner.
Copyrights for all professional photographers, at all points will remain with the photographer; however, by entering the contest, the participant grant FCDI a royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to publicly display, distribute, reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or later developed, for any FCDI purpose, including, but not limited to, advertising and promotion of its website, exhibition, and commercial products, including but not limited to FCDI publications.
Copyrights for all amateur photographers will remain with FCDI.
Anika Mittal Dhawan
write to us:
for any further queries/clarifications:
Please message on :+91-9899437755